Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Spring Festival

The Spring Festival is considered as the most important day for Chinese people. It is on the first day of the lunar year. It is also the day of reunion among family members. On that day, people clean their house and get ready  many kinds of food. All family members get together on New Year'Eve to have a really big meal. At the same timewe will also watch the Spring Festival Gala. At about 12 o'clocksome families like to set off the firecrackers. The whole sky is lighted brightly. People always eat dumplings on New Year's Eve. Following days people will visit  each other.

    I like the Spring Festival a lot because I can have delicious food and wear new clothes the most important thing is I can get some money from my parents. This money we call it "red packet", it is given to children for good luck . This is the tradition for Chinese New Year.

    A new year is a new start. Just as the old saying:"Well began is the half of the success." I think I need work harder than I did before, and prepared for a good college!

No comments: